In your quest for making the perfect egg fried rice, it can be an easy process if you look in the right places. I’ve created my own You Tube video (see below) of how to do and without all of the bells and whistles that usually comes with these type of videos.
1. Boil water in a pan
2. Add 1/3 to 1/2 cup of rice per person
3. Boil and then simmer for 10/15 minutes
4. Leave for 3/4 hours
5. Pour a bit of olive oil in your frying pan
6. Add one whisked egg to the heated pan
7. Chop egg in to small bits
8. Pour in the boiled rice and mix
9. Sprinkle dark soy sauce After about 3 minutes
10. Serve after 5 minutes
I’ve seen a couple of folk just boiling the rice and then placing it straight in to a wok and/or frying pan? How dumb is that! You’re basically leaving the rice in a paste like form with all of the starch still intact and therefore ti will be sticky, harder to cook and more likely to burn once you start the frying process. Don’t take shortcuts! Leave the rice to settle for at least 3 hours which removes most of the starch and carbohydrates. It also allows you to cook the rice with ease, as it will be less sticky and will take the heat of the frying pan or wok much easier.